To improve and prepare the students to function effectively in the multifarious modern work environment with ability to shoulder professional leadership roles and to create the center of excellence that cultivates innovations in chemical, biochemical, environment, materials and energy engineering.
- To provide eminence technical education in Chemical Engineering stream.
- To build technocrats as per the needs of changing scenario of industries and rapid technical changes at national and international level.
- To inculcate innovative cultured personality with versatile academic performance as well as entrepreneurial skills for social benefits.
- To provide high quality education to the students for ethical professional practice and to establish scientific and technological basis for chemical engineering practice.
Program Educational Objectives
- To deliver a firm foundation and understanding of the fundamental principles of Chemical Engineering in order to prepare the students for successful industrial careers and postgraduate education in a global environment.
- To provide the students with a solid foundation in science, necessary to address a wide range of chemical engineering problems from conventional chemical engineering design to novel areas and multidisciplinary fields such as nanotechnology, biotechnology,, environmental engineering, advanced materials, energy engineering, product design etc.
- To train the students in the chemical engineering principles of equipment design, process design, plant design and to provide the students with experience in learning and applying tools for design and problem solving, multidisciplinary skills including software skills, teamwork, communication skills, leadership and ethical conduct.
- To cultivate the students in identifying, formulating, conducting and planning experiments on physical systems and computer simulation tools, analyzing data and preparing technical reports with the aid of computer tools.
- To implant an innovative cultured personality with versatile academic performance as well as entrepreneurial skills for social benefit.
The department started in the year 1955, supporting the UG and PG courses offered by Chemical Engineering and Chemical Technology, since then by the Institute. The department has excellent teaching facility, adequately supported by well-equipped UG laboratories and PG research laboratories. Our graduate students are employed in well reputed organisations in India and also perceive their Higher Education from reputed institutes. The department is one of the oldest in India, thousands of UG and PG graduates are rendering their services to many Industrial and Government, Research Laboratories and academic Institutes in India and across the Globe.
The faculty members are actively engaged in research publications and several books have been contributed which are referred by many Universities. National seminars are attended and conducted by faculty members. The Apple Academic Press, Canada has published two edited Books based on the Research Papers contributed by various authors from all over the Nation. Departmental faculties are working on various Research and Consultancy projects sanctioned by UGC, DST, SERB etc.
The faculty also takes care of overall development of student by conducting co and extra-curricular activities that include annual festivals, national seminars for students and various quizzes, several prizes have been won by the students at different levels from time to time.
The notable feature of the department is its contribution towards maintaining very high track record of recruitment of Chemical Engineering graduates over the year since its inception. The department has produced many Entrepreneurs, Bureaucrats, Academicians and Technocrats etc. who have contributed to the development of the society. The department is providing conducive atmosphere for the students in order to enhance the learning process further. The department is having different laboratories like Mass Transfer, Heat Transfer, Fluid Mechanics, Mechanical Operations, Chemical Reactor design, Simulation, Process Dynamics & control and Environmental Engineering.
State of Art Facilities Available
Services offered to Industries