To deliver every year a batch of Oil Technologists who are sincere, diligent, confident, immensely talented and ready to face the industrial challenges in the field of Oils, Fats and Surfactants.
- Improve and enhance the professional skills of faculty and students in the field of Oils, Fats, Oleo Chemicals and Surfactants to make them equally competent to become trusty global leaders for serving the industry and society
- The department shall produce trained Oil Technologists to work in industry, institute and society, for overall growth of country.
Program Educational Objectives
- Subjects covered in the field of Oil, Fats and surfactants involves Chemistry and Biochemistry of Lipids, Analytical Techniques used Industrially, Extraction and Refining of Oils, Technology of Soap Detergent and Surfactants, Cosmetics, Fatty Acids, Oleo Chemicals and Surface Coating.
- Technology of oil, Fats and Surfactants also involves multi disciplinary subjects in the field of surfactants such as Polymeric surfactants, Methyl Esters, Emulsion Techniques and Specialty Chemicals from Oils and Fats.
- The course delivers a novel work on use of conventional raw materials of vegetable origin as a replacer for non conventional sources, thus producing green chemicals of environmental friendly nature, ultimately serving society for livelihood development.
Laxminarayan Institute of Technology, Nagpur is one of the premier college in the field of Chemical Engineering and Chemical Technology since 1942, and is proved to be an amulet to the nation, also it adds jewels to its crown by skillfully developing engineers and technocrats ready to face industrial challenges. LIT has crafted thousands of engineers and technocrats who are trained by the best to be the best and has also maintained its legacy ever since.
During four years of a degree course students are forged so that they can give their best every time. LIT has ambient campus for the students to grow and flourish in their academic career. Also students are practically sound as they have faced the heat of laboratory and have polished their practical skills.
The Department of Oil, Fats and Surfactants Technology was established in 1942. Being the oldest department, Oil Technology was flourished into one of the prime branches of the institute. Significant research work and dedicated faculty along with dynamic students has helped it mushroom into a myriad number of fields. A contour of an industry motivated syllabus gives the picture of a tree whose branches have diversified into the vast sky. We believe that performing consistently is not easy and strive relentlessly to achieve the objective by instilling in our students a sense of commitment and responsibility through various o and off campus activities. We have maintained and encouraged independence and flexibility that promotes creativity, innovation and growth. Every year we produce a batch of oil technologist who are sincere, diligent, confident, immensely talented and ready to face the industrial world.
State of Art of Facilities Available
Sophisticated equipments for research analysis like microwave synthesis reactors, Ribbon blender, triple roll mill, stainless steel reactor.
Services offered to industries