The Department of Pulp and Paper Technology will be a recognized centre of excellence in leveraging technical skills to stimulate the exchange and creation of knowledge. Technology will exist in an integrated environment that fosters an open, collaborative and unifying culture.
- The Department of Pulp and Paper Technology has to contribute to a well based and harmonized education of our students in Pulp and Paper Technology. Several unit operations are subject of the practical classes in education.
- Our mission is to prepare our students for a successful industrial or academic career. Practical application of scientific tools is therefore a high priority task in education.
- 1) Collaborate with faculty and others in evaluating and implementing technology in teaching, including re-designing processes and methods of instruction.
- 2) Work with researchers to seek and secure funding for research that utilizes latest technological innovations.
- Testing of paper sample for G.S.M. Thickness, Cobb value, Brightness, etc.
- Analysis of fibrous papermaking materials, papermaking chemicals, pulp analysis, and paper testing for their physical properties like moisture, ash content, G.S.M., calliper and other testing
Department has well-equipped laboratories to train the students.