To provide the students with a quality education for learning and knowledge development, that will help them to excel in industry, entrepreneurship, research and management in the field of Plastic and Polymer Technology.
- To enhance the inner potential of the students for the betterment of life and society.
- To inculcate students to gather idea and carry out innovative researches in the field of emerging polymer science for sustainable socio-economic development.
- To undertake collaborative projects for exposure to the industry and real problem solving.
Program Educational Objectives
- To train Polymer and Plastics Technologists with a strong practical and theoretical exposure in the relevant disciplines with basic science, engineering and humanitarian aspects, which are able to contribute to society through innovation, enterprise and leadership.
- To prepare students to innovate design, develop new formulations and test them for offering solution to the Polymer Industries for betterment of the society.
- To enable students to work on the modern equipments of polymer and plastics technology towards processing and characterization of polymers to fulfill need of the industry.
- To nurture students with professional attitude, effective communication skills, teamwork skills, sensitive to ethical and environmental issues and multi-disciplinary approach in order to function in national, multinational organizations as well as society.
The department of “Plastics and Polymer Technology” was established in the year 1995 at Laxminarayan Institute of Technology, Rashtrasant Tukadoji Maharaj Nagpur University, Nagpur. The department is known for meeting the current requirements of resourceful, knowledgeable, efficient and practical engineers, technologists and researchers which are essentially needed for the development of Industrial sectors in the field of Plastics and Polymer. The department attracts students with excellent academic credentials from all over the country and molds them, so as to fulfill the present demand of the industry. As a result the students are placed in the world wide industries with handsome salary through the process of campus recruitment.
The department has a highly qualified faculty, which is committed in imparting the best of knowledge and are actively engaged in training the students, so that they can meet modern academic and industrial standards. The department is well-equipped with synthesis and testing laboratory, along with the various kinds of machines for processing and the software’s which are helpful for designing the different plastic products.
We persuade independence, flexibility, creativity and a healthy competitive atmosphere so as to promote and imbibe the key qualities such as leadership, organizational qualities, a sense of commitment and a responsibility in the students, through various on and off-campus activities.
State of the Art Facilities Available
Services offered to the industry