To be a leading technological department that provides a transformative education to create surface coating/paint technologist and generate new knowledge about surface coating technology for society and industry.
- To create an ambience in which new ideas and research flourish and from which tomorrow’s leaders and innovators emerge.
- To provide an education that transforms students through rigorous coursework and by providing and understanding the needs of society and industry.
- To provide broad based education helping students meet their professional skills and acquire the best in class capabilities in surface coating field.
Program Educational Objectives
- The graduates will have sound knowledge of principles involved in the area of paint/surface coatings and will play a major in development of coating industries.
- The graduates will adapt to the various formulations /manufacture of organic coatings as per the changing technologies and requirements of society.
- The graduates will design and deploy paints/coatings that meets the needs of individuals and the industries
- The graduates will take up higher education and/or involved in the field Research & Development of newer technologies.
The need for high value aesthetics & protections in present era necessitated advanced research in field of coating technology. Paint Technology was a subject in PG course before it was introduced in B. Tech. Consequently in 1998, Surface Coating Technology was introduced in B. Tech, a Four Year Degree course, which caters to the Surface Coating Industry as well as the Automobile and other Paint Application Industries.
Department is well equipped with the various equipments/instruments required for the analysis/testing and R & D work in the field of paint/coating.
Department offers these facilities to various industries/organisation for analysis and testing of raw materials and coatings. Also, the department extend the R & D and consultancy services to various paint industries for the development of paint and coatings. Our testing/analysis facilities are regularly utilized by various industries/organisation such as:Ordnance Factory, Railway, MSRTC, Jindal Coated Steel Ltd, Irrigation Department, Vishal Paints, etc.
One of the major achievements is that almost all the students of Final Year get placed every year in several national and multinational companies/organisations through campus interviews. The companies visiting regularly for campus placements are: Akzo Nobel, Kansai Nerolac, BASF, Nippon Paint, Mahindra & Mahindra, Tata Motors, Asian PPG, Ford, TVS Scoters,Berger Paints, Motherson Automotive, PATCHEM and Shalimar Paints
State of Art Facilities Available
Services offered to Industries